Thursday, April 10, 2014

Let me tell you our story.........


              Our story began in the year of 2007. I was in High School  in my sophomore year and Sean was on his mission in Seattle Washington. Through a sequence of events Sean and I became pen pals set up by our mothers. Sean and I wrote each other for the last 7 and 1/2 months of his mission we really got to know each other when he got home we meet for the first time it was such a surprise. Sean had come home early for college which I had no idea he was going to do. It was such a surprise and excitement but yet nerve racking all at the sometime we had never meet each other until then. We went on a couple of dates and then I left to go on a pioneer trek which was really amazing and so spiritual which I will never forget. When I came home Sean and I continued to date and after 4 months we got married in the Snowflake AZ Temple for time and all Eternity. That day was one of the best days of my life I was so happy to be able to get married in the Temple and to be with my eternal companion forever. We got married on October 18th, 2008. Everything went great at first just enjoying life and spending time together as a couple, life was good and then Sean had woken up one morning and he was in such pain. We were married at that time for only 3 months he had got up out of bed and had fallen to the ground I was just terrified and worried and wondering what to do? I called one of our friends and my grandpa to come and help Sean up and to give him a blessing. Later I had to take him to the ER to see what was wrong it turns out that he had an awful infection in his body. Since that day forward we were in the hospital constantly which was very hard for me and for him. It was like we would go every Friday night to the hospital, it was an awful way of spending our Friday nights as newlyweds. His body was so infected and that's why we had to go to the hospital so much. Sean had been doing well because he had been on antibiotics. Sean had been going to nursing school and we thought this trial was almost over. Little did I know Sean would take a turn for the worst and we went to the hospital 3 nights in a row and the Dr. told us to go home. One night everything went horribly wrong when Sean spiked a really high fever. We went to bed and thought the fever would go away but instead I had a really strong feeling to check on him and when I turned on the light Sean was unconscious and barley breathing.  I was just in shock at first, trying to decide what to do I prayed and cried and called my mom because she is a nurse both of our parents came and gave Sean a blessing and we called 911. When the paramedics came they shocked him and because I didn't know any of his health conditions his mother had to go with him in the ambulance while I had to go with my parents to the hospital just panicing and crying and not knowing if when I got to the hospital whether my husband would be alive or not. While Sean and his mother were in the ambulance from Snowflake to Taylor they had already shocked him a total of 4 times and in the ER they shocked him again 3 more times the survival rate of that is 4 %. After working on Sean for 1 and 1/2 hours in the ER he had to be flown out to the Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix and even though I was married they wouldn't let me or anyone in the family go in the helicopter. I was so mad and frustrated that I couldn't be with my husband. Didn't I have the right to be with him? After all he is my spouse and in my opinion I had every right to be by his side especially in a time like this. It was so very hard for me to be okay with not being able to hear or know what was going on while he was flown not knowing while on my way to the valley if I would be able to see him and say goodbye before he goes and hugging him and telling him that I loved him. I was in shock, not knowing how to react to all of this. All that I could think of while going to the valley with my in laws was I just keep on praying and being okay with whatever were to happen. It was so hard to travel and waiting to get there to see my dear sweetheart and to be with him and being able to know if he was okay or not. I needed the patience of waiting while we drove for 4 hrs early in the morning. I cried the whole way and just still in shock of what was happening. When we had finally reached our destination, finally getting there we had to wait in the lobby not knowing what was going on. We did not know if my sweetheart was going to make it or not and not knowing if I would be able to say a word to him if it were to be my last chance of ever being able to talk to him. I knew that my sweetheart might not make it and that he was fighting for his life. I was so terrified thinking that here I am at age of 17 only been married for 5 months and now I might be a widow. All of these things were coming into my mind and not knowing what to do or to be okay with what might happen. I needed to be able to have the Faith that I needed to have in order to get through this. I said a prayer so many times of just being able to get through this whatever might happen and to be able to just put my trust in the Lord. We waited in that lobby not hearing anything from medical staff for 8 hrs. It was so hard and so very frustrating I would call in  and they wouldn't say anything to me finally my brother in law had got frustrated and storming in he said "You better tell me what is going on with my brother" and the Doctor said "All that I can tell you is that he is fighting for his life and may not make it.". When my brother in law had came back to tell us the news of what the Doctor had said I was freaking out even more and just panicing and just still in shock.  The next day we waited in the hospital still not knowing of what was happening my mother finally got there and she being a nurse knew a lot which helped she was so mad that they wouldn't let us go in to see him. He was on life support and you could just tell that he wasn't there that his spirit was completely out of his body and that the machines were just making him look like he was breathing there. I didn't want to sleep or eat all I had wanted to do was be by my sweetheart and to be able to say goodbye to him if at all he was ever to wake up. It was so hard for me to leave that my mother had to help me leave, it was so difficult. I felt like my Faith had been just pounded and weighed on me all at once. That night when we got to my sisters home everyone was talking and gave me comfort I had went upstairs just to have time alone for a while. I went in the bathroom just crying so much said a prayer to give me comfort which helped. My mother and sister came to check on me and then we all just started crying and we talked about Sean and I and our wonderful memories we have had together in the past 5 months of marriage and that made me laugh and happy just remembering the times we spent with each other. That night as I was kneeling to say my prayer to go to bed I had thanked the Lord for everything and for being able to give me the 5 months I had with my eternal companion and most importantly for  being able to be married in the temple for all eternity. Knowing that we were sealed helped me get through this because I knew deep down inside that no matter what happens its going to be okay and that even if he wasn't able to make I knew that we would be together forever. I thanked the Lord for giving me that blessing of knowing as hard as it was to say to the Lord I didn't want to but I knew and felt like I needed to say this and that it was the right thing to say I said "Heavenly Father as hard as this is for me to say and as hard as this is for me of what I am going through I am leaving this all up to thee thy will be done" that was so hard to do. While I was praying I was just balling and couldn't stop but saying this prayer helped because the Lord gave me comfort and a great feeling. I had no idea of what so ever was going to happen but I knew that no matter what was to happen that everything would be okay and that in the back of my mind the prompting kept on coming to me saying "The Lord doesn't give you trials that he knows you cant get through" Therefore Sarah by Faith Miracles can happen you have that Faith. The next day more family came which was way nice and wonderful to see everyone my brother had came to give me a Priesthood blessing which was just amazing I had such a spiritual experience which I will never forget. It was so unbelievable more than I could have ever even imagined it to have been. While my brother gave me a blessing my in laws were in the room were Sean was and guess what Sean woke up for the first time in 4 days, Of course with me not in the room. Earlier the Doctors had told us that if Sean was able to make it he would be brain damaged not remember anything so here I am thinking oh no he isn't going to remember our wedding, our 5 months of marriage,  not even me his own spouse. I was even more terrified and scared and in shock of still not knowing of what might happen when Sean woke up. He was trying to talk to his parents and he was freaking out trying to get the ventilator out of his throat and his mother was saying to him its okay sweetie dad and I are here and were okay and then finally once his mom had said and Sarah is here and she is okay he went back down relaxed back. When they came out they had told me what had happened and that he had woken up from his coma and that Sean remembered me. Once they said that tears were rolling down my face, I was relieved and so happy that my sweetheart had worried about me and making sure that I was okay even though he was not. Sean went back into a coma we were planning his funeral just in case because the Doctors had said that he wasn't going to make it and on the 6th day of him being in a coma I had gotten a very strong impression to keep him on the ventilator for one more day and so I told them that and they did. They said that the next day if he doesn't wake up from his coma that we would have to unplug the plug. I was in such shock but then all of a sudden I got a feeling that it was going to be okay and sure enough it was the next day Sean had woken up from his coma yay! I was such a happy wife it was tears of joy rolling down my face I was so happy to know that I wouldn't be a widow and that my sweetheart was alive and that I could finally talk to him. It turns out that Sean had remembered everything. He remembered the important things, he remembered me and our marriage. I was so happy and thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who cared about me and showed his love by having Sean remember everything. I was so blessed to have him alive the next day we finally were able to go home after 7 days of being in the hospital and not getting much rest or food in my body because I was so stressed out. It had taken 10 months for my sweetheart to recover. 2 years later 2011 we had tried to conceive and couldn't get pregnant and that was so hard not being able to get pregnant. We soon had realized that we can't have children unless of a huge miracle happens. I am so grateful that we have the chance to adopt someday. It's very hard to go though this and be okay with it I am still struggling with it but knowing that I will be a mother someday helps. Life isn't easy but its worth it. In 2011 I got really sick and was diagnosed with the a bad case of glaucoma which was just awful. I was trowing up for a total of 9 months so sick couldn't keep much down the doctors said that the only way to be able to not be sick is to remove the eye because they couldn't get the pressure to go down, that was so hard to be okay with removing your eye. I am just so very grateful and thankful for the gospel. By knowing this has helped me in every trail that I have and had gone through with the help of the Atonement and loved ones who loves us.  I truly know that the Lord only gives us trials that He knows we can handle and get through them together. I am so grateful to be the person that I am to become and to have the Faith that I need. During those difficult and testing my Faith big time I had came to realize that when we serve others and our going through the most difficult trials that we feel is difficult it might not feel that way to someone else because we all have different trails but yet we all need each other a long the way as well to help us along and when at those times it helped me to be able to serve others and to help them get though there trials and to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those who need comfort that helped me a lot. I have felt prompted to tell our story for so long and now I am finally doing it I hope and pray that whoever is going through difficulties or hardships that they turn to the Lord for help and that I hope that this helped you who needs it. I like to bear you my testimony that I know that when we have Faith miracles happen more than we could ever even comprehend to have happen and that the Lord gives us trials because he loves us so much that he sent his son to die for us and that we have the Atonement knowing that helps I know that as we go through our trials we become stronger people have more Faith and more trusting in the Lord and as we do so we come to realize that by helping others not only helps those who are struggling but it also helps you big time because your not thinking about what is happening to you in your life and that is what helps you get through your trials and having the Atonement in our lives and being more like our Savior Jesus Christ as we do those things we will be more closer to the spirit and more like what we were sent here to become. I love you all and hope that you will also know how much the Lord loves and cares about you in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.







6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story. Your strong Faith is inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story. I remember you telling me it but it was nice to hear your testimony too. You are an exceptional lady! Love your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your story. I remember you telling me it but it was nice to hear your testimony too. You are an exceptional lady! Love your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete